Mysterious G.R.F.
These little conversations happen all day, particularly between Gillian and Little Guy these days, evanescent as soap bubbles. I wish I could hold onto them. Here's just one:
Me: Good morning, Gillian. Why are you dressed like that? [hooded sweatshirt, hood up, hands stuffed in pockets]
G: I am being a mysterious person.
LG: Say me, Gigi?
G, with amused disdain: Save you? Mysterious persons--people--don't save you! That's not what mysterious people do.
LG: Say me--no.
G, grandly: I know: you can be my assistant. Do you have a sweatshirt?
LG makes mm-hmm-mm "I don't know" sound.
G: Mom, does Little Guy have a sweatshirt? But not with ears.
Me: Yes, I think he does.
G: Okay, you can wear that. You have to wear the hood up. Some mysterious people wear their hoods down but we--in our gang--wear our hoods up. But not hoods with ears, okay?
LG: Ho-tay.
G: And when you are a mysterious person, you walk like this. [Demonstrates a goose-stepping gait that while perhaps not mysterious, is indeed perplexing.]
LG: Ho-tay.
Me: Good morning, Gillian. Why are you dressed like that? [hooded sweatshirt, hood up, hands stuffed in pockets]
G: I am being a mysterious person.
LG: Say me, Gigi?
G, with amused disdain: Save you? Mysterious persons--people--don't save you! That's not what mysterious people do.
LG: Say me--no.
G, grandly: I know: you can be my assistant. Do you have a sweatshirt?
LG makes mm-hmm-mm "I don't know" sound.
G: Mom, does Little Guy have a sweatshirt? But not with ears.
Me: Yes, I think he does.
G: Okay, you can wear that. You have to wear the hood up. Some mysterious people wear their hoods down but we--in our gang--wear our hoods up. But not hoods with ears, okay?
LG: Ho-tay.
G: And when you are a mysterious person, you walk like this. [Demonstrates a goose-stepping gait that while perhaps not mysterious, is indeed perplexing.]
LG: Ho-tay.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home