Moments
I am generally bad at the application of unguents to self and offspring. It's just one of the forms of personal maintenance that I don't enjoy (I hate feeling greasy), so I always put it off and end up never getting around to it. Gillian is prone to chapped lips in the winter, which against our warnings she would then chew on and make worse. Then, in the car today, the announcement of a discovery--
Gillian, in a voice of astonished joy: Mom! When I eat my lips, new lips grow!
-----
Allison Clare does not like when Gillian shares news that is not news to Allison Clare. Stuff like, "The day after this day is Lorelai's birthday party!" Or "We are having noodles for dinner!" Allison Clare replies with an exasperated, "I already know that, Gillian! Please don't tell me things that I already know!" Sam and I have explained many times that she should still listen and answer kindly and that after all, Allison Clare frequently tells us things that we already know. Still, it's clear that she still feels the same way about it all.
Then, a couple of days ago, Gillian announced to Allison Clare, "Sis, today on the way to school, I saw three UPS trucks!" (Gillian loves UPS trucks. I think because they bring presents.)
Allison Clare turned face to face with Gillian, looked at her for a long moment while digesting this, and then said slowly and thoughtfully, "I did not know that, Gillian. Good job."
Gillian, in a voice of astonished joy: Mom! When I eat my lips, new lips grow!
-----
Allison Clare does not like when Gillian shares news that is not news to Allison Clare. Stuff like, "The day after this day is Lorelai's birthday party!" Or "We are having noodles for dinner!" Allison Clare replies with an exasperated, "I already know that, Gillian! Please don't tell me things that I already know!" Sam and I have explained many times that she should still listen and answer kindly and that after all, Allison Clare frequently tells us things that we already know. Still, it's clear that she still feels the same way about it all.
Then, a couple of days ago, Gillian announced to Allison Clare, "Sis, today on the way to school, I saw three UPS trucks!" (Gillian loves UPS trucks. I think because they bring presents.)
Allison Clare turned face to face with Gillian, looked at her for a long moment while digesting this, and then said slowly and thoughtfully, "I did not know that, Gillian. Good job."
1 Comments:
Poor little sisters! Their big sisters are so hard on them. I love AC's end-of-blog comments though. So cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home