Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Or, We Could Stop Starving Her

Last night was really bad again, and I called the pediatrician today to speak with the advice nurse. She said I should not need to feed Gilly at night at her age, and asked how much we were feeding her during the day. When I told her, she said, "Oh, she definitely needs more food than that."

Cue the Mommy-guilt, especially as a memory emerged from the hinterlands of my brain of having had an almost identical conversation with her at some point in Allison Clare's babyhood . . . probably about this stage.

Argh. I just can't keep up with how fast these little girls grow! Is this why AC is so tiny?

5 Comments:

Blogger hermance said...

Aw, Tara, I'm sorry. I hope you can un-cue the mama guilt. The complications surrounding feeding and sleeping are so difficult. When I read your last post on this, I'll admit that it gave me a kind of feeling of terror and panic, thinking back to those conundrums. Gilly and AC are very lucky little girls to have such love and care in their lives. The little ones' ways are mysterious and, quite frankly, odd. If only they would just tell us what they need, it would a be a lot simpler. But they don't. And so we do our best. Hang in there!

Wed Oct 06, 07:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger hermance said...

And as a fellow mama of a tiny baby, I also want to add: no, that is not why AC is so small. She's small just because she is.

Wed Oct 06, 07:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tara said...

Elizabeth, it's so good to hear your "voice." Thankfully, I have Sam to keep my sense of humor about it all intact . . . I guess Gillian may as well realize it early: my girls will need adaptability as a survival skill as they endure my scatterbrained, ad hoc parenting. :)

Wed Oct 06, 10:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

Well here's hoping that topping her off a little more often during the day will solve the night waking! let us know how it goes...

Thu Oct 07, 10:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Maybe the Fee girls are especially good eaters - and I mean ALL the Fee girls ;)

Sun Oct 17, 03:07:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home