Bad to Worse
You know what's bad? When you are in the middle of teaching your 11:45 class, and the realization dawns on you--sinking with the certain inexorability of a weighted corpse dumped into still waters--that the class actually started at 11:30, which explains why all of your students were already seated when you arrived.
You know what's worse? When this realization happens to you on the second day of class.
(I mean, I'm just saying. Hypothetically, you know. Not that this happened to anybody specific. Certainly not anybody up for tenure this year.)
5 Comments:
ha ha ha!
this cracks me up. did your students think it was funny?
They did. They were really nice about it, though (probably the bitter ones had left by the time I arrived). Anyway, I am totally taking them some doughnuts or something next Tuesday. At, ahem, 11:30.
Tee hee. I've done things like this. And you've got so much going on these days :)
OH my gosh. You poor thing!
So funny. I just didn't think of my profs, teachers, etc., having real-world concerns. But boy, do you ever!
Post a Comment
<< Home