Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Planning, Plotting, Packing

To lug or not to lug? That is the question.

For my upcoming trip to San Francisco with Gillian, the carseat would be a big hassle to lug around, but she would reliably sleep in it for hours on the plane (in contrast she is often uncomfortable in arms and wakes frequently). I would definitely take it if I knew I could use it, but the chance of an open seat seems rather small. Lots of certain inconvenience in exchange for an infinitesimal chance at escaping what could be total misery for 6 hours each way or could be fine.How to calculate those odds? There's a reason I'm not a math professor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I vote to take it. It would definitely be easier to get through security without it, but then you can take a taxi at the end if you feel like it.

Mon May 24, 06:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Yolanda said...

I would take it. The flight from Detroit to San Francisco was one of the most miserable times I have ever spent with Lydia. If there were anything that would have made her more likely to sleep, I would have definitely taken advantage.

Mon May 24, 11:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger About the artist said...

Life trumps math.

Fri May 28, 08:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home