Hanging In There
So, no baby yet, and even though in an emotional sense, I can't wait to see her, in a practical sense, we are hugely thankful for every day that she stays in there where she belongs.
I haven't been able to concentrate on work to the extent that I had hoped; I've gotten some writing and work on my spring class done almost every day, but I've definitely been distracted by the false labor episodes. My mom asked me yesterday morning, "So, are you pretty sure that we won't be driving out there today?" and I had to say that I simply have no way of knowing, minute to minute. Today I had few contractions, but then a series of strong ones for an hour or two. Thursday, when they were pretty constant all day, I was hesitant to even put something in the slow cooker in case we wouldn't be around to eat it. I see a lot of quick foods in our future.
Plus, I've been trying to take it easy, and Allison Clare thus has been allowed to watch all the Sesame Street that she feels so bitterly denied of in her regular life (we usually let her watch just a little at the end of the day, while I'm getting dinner). We bought her a volume of old Sesame Street episodes for Christmas, and the set includes the pilot, which is kind of weird and hilarious. Big Bird has a pinhead, and they clearly haven't worked out the kinks of his character yet--he's kind of a doofus. Gordon has big curvy sideburns, and--get this--Oscar is orange. My confinement has been very educational.
2 Comments:
How happy for AC :), and sad for all your uncertainty.
Wow! It's been a while since I've checked in. It's hard to believe that #2 is almost here. Big news, certainly. I hope she holds off for a while and allows you and AC to enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
Post a Comment
<< Home