Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Outcomes to Ponder

Yesterday, Allison Clare asked for more juice, and I started to say, "You've had enough juice for now." But before the words were completely out of my mouth, she had thrown her juice cup onto the floor, which is a big no-no right now, marched herself directly over to the time-out corner, and sat down.

Does this mean time-out is working, or not working? Hmm.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maura said...

I.love.this.

Thu Dec 17, 07:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger Yolanda said...

It sounds like she at least understands the concept of "time out". I had given up on time outs for now, because I thought Lydia was too young to understand. I guess it's time to try them out again.

Fri Dec 18, 08:51:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Aaron said...

Self-disciplining children...I LOVE that concept!

Sat Dec 19, 02:04:00 AM EST  
Blogger Andrew said...

This is hilarious, Tara.

Sat Dec 19, 01:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie said...

I guess she thought it was worth having the time out to express her displeasure :)

Thu Dec 31, 11:49:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home