Legend has it . . .
There is an old wives' tale that if pregnancy has an ill effect on your appearance, it means you are having a girl, and she has taken your looks. Lately, I have been wondering: if you actually give birth to that baby and she seems to have taken your ability to put three words into sentence before forgetting the object of said sentence (or read anything more challenging than the nutritional content of a toddler snack), does that mean she is going to become an English professor? It would be good; it would be nice to have one in the family again.
1 Comments:
Oh, you poor thing. :(
At least my loss of words is less obvious -- no audience until I've sat and thought about it (say, a headline) for awhile!
I hadn't heard that old wives' tale before. Very interesting!
Post a Comment
<< Home