Apples
Continuing my fruit series in a different, more technological direction, I've gotten seriously addicted to the Top Sites feature on Apple's new Safari.
Basically, when you open up your browser, the first page shows you current thumbnails of all your favorite websites--in my case, this means "all y'all's" blogs. In a glance, I can see who has (thank you, JS) and who has not (word to Kate) updated their blogs each time I go online. I love it. I'm so addicted to using it on my personal laptop that when I am on my work computer, clicking on the bookmarks to check each one seems arduous and possibly unfulfilling. Which is probably good for my productivity.
If you have an Apple, I highly recommend this new Safari, even though it means downloading the beta version. I feel quite confident in it because I learned about Top Sites when I saw it on The Two Js' computer, where it would not have been installed without due--nay, exhaustive (except that he doesn't get exhausted?)--diligence by Dr. B.
Basically, when you open up your browser, the first page shows you current thumbnails of all your favorite websites--in my case, this means "all y'all's" blogs. In a glance, I can see who has (thank you, JS) and who has not (word to Kate) updated their blogs each time I go online. I love it. I'm so addicted to using it on my personal laptop that when I am on my work computer, clicking on the bookmarks to check each one seems arduous and possibly unfulfilling. Which is probably good for my productivity.
If you have an Apple, I highly recommend this new Safari, even though it means downloading the beta version. I feel quite confident in it because I learned about Top Sites when I saw it on The Two Js' computer, where it would not have been installed without due--nay, exhaustive (except that he doesn't get exhausted?)--diligence by Dr. B.
4 Comments:
In honor of Tara's birthday today (4/9) I thought I'd post a link to this picture:
http://tinyurl.com/d2br6u
Happy Birthday Tara !
Joan and Frank
Frank (and Joan . . .),
You've done it again!
To be thoroughly exhaustive, I must point out that the feature in Safari is available in the PC version as well, but everything on the mac is just so much more, uh, what's the word? Oh yeah - better.
*sigh* my stupid husband, and his insistence that I get a PC ... and I can't even use Adobe Flash for some reason. Thanks, Matt! And thanks to you, too, Vista!
Anyhoo. I know, I know. I have thought of blog entries! And then by the time I might sorta have time to type them, they seem not important enough, y'know?
Post a Comment
<< Home