March Madness
No, not the basketball tournament--just our regular routine, plus a couple of variations. Sam is interviewing candidates for a position in his department all week, so we've shuffled our child-care relay a bit and I'm home with AC more. Which I love, but which also means less time to get work finished during a week of midterms and essays to grade, my honors student's thesis to read and comment on (twice), three extra meetings, an evening reading, and different babysitting schedules to coordinate, etc. Eek.
Still, our biggest concern this week has been that Allison Clare has been sick with her first real illness since she was first born. She woke up at 2:30 a.m. on Saturday morning with a fever that at one point read 105. That night I'd intended to drop her night feedings once and for all, but when she woke up and I went in and touched her in her crib, she practically sizzled, and when I read the thermometer, I had her feeding again within seconds in an effort to get fluids into her. (Was this her revenge? Perhaps . . .) Saturday, she was tired and not playful, almost like a sad little ragdoll, burrowing her head into my neck and whimpering if I tried to put her down. But by the next day, she was feeling much better, and by Monday, her fever was gone. Still, she seems to have a bit of a cough today--not sure if it's related, but a teaspoon of honey appears to be helping with it.
Honey, unfortunately, has done little to combat the effects of sleeping only a couple of hours on my part, between staying up until 12:30 to grade and getting up at 4 a.m. with AC (and fitting in a feeding in between). Still, I feel strangely cheerful . . . it's somehow nice to get things done, even too many things.
2 Comments:
Tara! Too much to handle! I'm so glad the wee one is on the mend. It's so terrifying to see them that unwell.
Did you make a list?
Post a Comment
<< Home