Is it Friday Yet?
I was late to class yesterday.
I was late to class because the snow-melt-slush-refreeze-repeat pattern had left veritable acres of inches-thick ice for me to traverse on my walk to school.
I walked to school instead of driving because I left my car on campus the day before.
I left my car on campus because I had locked my keys in my office.
I left my keys locked in my office and walked instead of driving Sam's truck because earlier in the week, when I drove Sam's dearly beloved truck (my car's wheels having just spun and spun on said ice acreage), I attempted to extricate it from an impossible parking situation--and got it caught, couldn't get it out, waved down a construction worker to spot, and ultimately scraped it with a horrific sound, barely escaping pulling the wheel well off.
And yesterday, in the very moments when I was contemplating this list of misfortunes, my inattention allowed Allison Clare to propel herself off the sofa belly down and head first, resulting in her first bruise and a scratch on her cheek.
Thankfully, these are all minor crises, and if anything, AC's tumble reminds me that she's much faster and more agile these days, and I need to revise my estimates of her abilities more quickly. Still, what a week!
3 Comments:
You've had a Jonah week! But this too shall pass and the weekend probably will be all the more sweeter in comparison.
Ah, Julie, I love your Anne Shirley reference. At least I know that Anne Shirley always used to talk about having a Jonah Day! Poor Tara! This sounds like one of those weeks that will never end. And isn't it fortunate that little ones are pretty resilient. As we have discovered, those little bruises disappear much more quickly on them than on us :)
Julie: I'm SO happy the weekend has arrived with no further troubles.
Yolanda: Thank you for being so nice and sharing about Lydia's little misfortunes--I was a little afraid AC was the only one getting bruises already!
Post a Comment
<< Home