Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Babe in Toyland

Is it too late to post Christmas pictures?  I hope not.  Allison Clare thoroughly enjoyed her first Christmas.  We had a big breakfast with my parents and then dove into the pond of toys spreading out from beneath the Christmas tree.  

Prior to the Christmas season, Allison Clare had had only two toys per se, a little wooden teether rattle and a wooden clicking fish.  Of course, she also had books and stuffed animals and other things she liked to play with, like the birds and plastic objects from her Baby Einstein gym. But about a month before Christmas, we realized that she was really ready for toys, and we started feeling a little sorry for her with her poor toy supply.  I unpacked a ring stacker that I had bought and set aside, and the Phonics Bus arrived as an early present courtesy of the two Js' characteristically ahead-of-the-game-even-with-a-newborn Christmas shopping. She embraced the Phonics bus with such zest that we were excited for what Santa would bring her.  She's been delighting in the toys ever since!

 



6 Comments:

Blogger Maura said...

these are sweet pics. yay for toys!

Mon Jan 12, 01:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger hermance said...

Um, I didn't think this would need to be said, but:
There's NO SUCH THING as "too late" when it comes to pictures that adorable. Thanks for sharing! She is so precious, Tara.

Mon Jan 12, 04:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie said...

I love these pics. Allison Clare's Christmas outfit resembles Sinjin's - especially before I doctored it up.

Mon Jan 12, 07:38:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kelly said...

so adorable!! thanks for posting the photos!

Tue Jan 13, 08:12:00 PM EST  
Blogger Yolanda said...

It's never too late to post Christmas pictures. AC looks like she had a really great Christmas, and seems very happy with her new toys. She is really adorable :)

Wed Jan 14, 12:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger kate said...

I LOVE that one of you and her especially. "Hey, Mom! Check it out! This gift-getting stuff is pretty cool! Does it really happen EVERY year??"

Thu Jan 15, 01:20:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home