Bits and Pieces
1. It's been super-cold here, at least for this area, and more specifically for me because my tolerance for winter weather seems to have permanently set itself on "Chapel Hill." When I woke up on Friday, the thermometer read fifteen below, and the highs have been in the single digits. Nonetheless, our house is toasty (set on "Sam"), so I'm just avoiding thinking about how our heating bill could exceed a mortgage payment. Moving on . . .
2. My baby is showing very little initiative where crawling is concerned. She has, however, started shifting around in a seated position with the effect of a very slow, small-radius scoot. I just get the sense that she thinks moving along the floor is somehow undignified.
3. Every time I read an article about another peanut product that has been recalled, I crave peanut butter even more. They keep listing peanut butter crackers, peanut butter cookies, peanutty cakes, andonandonandon.
4. Last night AC had her first real table-food meal (that wasn't just a tasting menu, or fruit and Cheerios). Lasagna. She liked it a lot. Then this morning, we shared a bowl of blueberries and two pieces of toast with butter and jam, which she also enjoyed. My big girl!
5. Her first nickname, Munchkin, or Munch, gave way to Miss Munchkinson, then Miss Pumpkinson (for fall), then Plumpkin, a name she has outgrown as she's gotten longer and leggier. Occasionally, mostly when putting her down for a nap, I give her a little "goodnight love bug, my buggy girl" but perhaps we'll soon start calling her by her actual name. Someone recently asked if calling her just "Allison" (no Clare) was a faux pas, and we quickly answered that it was fine, but when I think about it, she really doesn't seem like Allison to me. She's definitely Allison Clare.
2 Comments:
I love all your nicknames for your little lady. The one nickname that has really stuck for Sinjin, unfortunately for him, is Dootie. As in,"Did you make a dootie, Dootie?"
Ha! Plumpkin is one of my little chubberkin's nicknames, too! I have got to take a photo gallery of these thighs one day, before they disappear.
I cannot wait until the full-on 'eating real food' phase. Much as I don't want my baby to grow up, I am rather sick of the current stage. Congrats!
Post a Comment
<< Home