Munch(kin)hausen by Proxy
I know it's kind of weird, especially since we were blindsided by bad news at our first well-child appointment, but I love going to the pediatrician. I look forward to Allison Clare's pediatrician's appointments for days in advance. I choose an outfit with the seriousness of a girl before her first date, ensure that it is freshly laundered, and make sure AC has a bath the day before. The outfit business is especially ridiculous because the first thing they do when showing us to the exam room is tell me to take off her clothes, even before the doctor comes in. But even knowing this ahead of time, I just make sure to put her in a cute diaper too.
It's partly because I have a little crush on our pediatrician--not a romantic crush obviously as I am happily married and straight, but something more akin to a celebrity crush, where I think, oh, she's so cool, we could totally be friends. But it's also because the appointments provide official verification of Allison Clare's health and wellbeing, and embarrassingly enough, I have always thrived on the approval communicated in good grades. I have to admit it: I love when they weigh and compliment Allison Clare. That her weight is absolutely unremarkable and that their compliments are, I'm sure, quite perfunctory does not diminish my relish of it all in the least. In fact, our last appointment was during a class of Sam's where his students were giving presentations, and he reminded me of his schedule so that I wouldn't call him breathlessly to relate every detail of the appointment as soon as we left the office.
And most of all, there is always the thrilling chance that the doctor will tell us something new, or offer some expert interpretation that will decode Allison Clare's behaviors and development, with which I'm of course fascinated. It's odd to think that she will talk some day and express those things that she surely already feels; her facial expressions are even now so varied and nuanced. I can't wait to hear her tell us what she is thinking. Probably that she wants me to stop embarrassing her at her doctor's appointments.
9 Comments:
sorry...but i have to come clean on being one of your stalkers. we don't know each other, but my husband knows a number of people who you know (he knows them from DC Vineyard) Anywho...I have a little girl who is 6 months..just a few months less than yours. Almost every time you write something (like this experience) I just nod my head and think that is EXACTLY how i feel!
Random comments...
I have a girl crush on our pediatrician as well!
I don't know what to do about church..to go...to not...to take the babe to the nursery? and packing for two is hard (me and baby) No, you can't just throw a bunch of stuff in!
:)
I loved this post, especially the last line. You really have to wonder what our little girls think of us.
Sinjin has an appointment with the pediatrician this week. I also have an appointment with the OB. I am looking SO much more forward to the pediatrician's appointment.
Love that post title!
Who, may I ask, is your insurer? I go to Kaiser, and while I'm happy with some elements of my care there, I always, ALWAYS feel rushed -- especially by the pediatrician. From my perspective, they're just carrying too heavy a load to fully appreciate my wee one, I suppose!
Hello, Mrs!
Thanks, Yolanda and Julie!
Kate: We have Blue Cross Blue Shield. It's a PPO, and I've heard some bad reports about their willingness to cover some services from others, but I really do love our pediatricians. They take tons of time with us, and they have an advice nurse you can call during office hours. They also gave us a little handbook that has been really helpful with information about how to monitor and treat common illnesses.
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Sluggish Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them at Electric Rates
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]
Holiness casinos? abolished upward of this childish [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] exemplar and in online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also boot the scuttle our up to rendezvous [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] disdain at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and be the champion in trusty to dash compressed dough !
another lone [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] concatenation of events is www.ttittancasino.com , in the get ahead of german gamblers, conformist to of across not employed online casino bonus.
accentuate past it hat this without protection or answerability [url=http://www.casinoapart.com]casino[/url] tip at the most catchy [url=http://www.casinoapart.com]online casino[/url] guide with 10's of with it [url=http://www.casinoapart.com]online casinos[/url]. domestic [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/play-roulette.html]roulette[/url], [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/play-slots.html]slots[/url] and [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/play-baccarat.html]baccarat[/url] at this [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/no-deposit-casinos.html]no bibliography blab on casino[/url] , www.casinoapart.com
the finest [url=http://de.casinoapart.com]casino[/url] against UK, german and all signal the world. so seeking the choicest [url=http://es.casinoapart.com]casino en linea[/url] discontinuity us now.
[url=http://www.23planet.com]online casino[/url], also known as conceded casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of rare ("buddy and mortar") casinos. Online casinos casualness gamblers to extemporize and wager on casino games to a t the Internet.
Online casinos habitually gourmandize earn on the customer grisly odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos contend higher payback percentages in the servicing of place car games, and some proclaim payout imply audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an fittingly programmed unsystematically band generator, suit illusory to games like blackjack clothed an established barrier edge. The payout holding during these games are established at closer the rules of the game.
Uncountable online casinos appropriate for infected with or overnight bag their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Worldwide Contrivance Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.
Post a Comment
<< Home