Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Resolution

So, my students wrote their responses to the questions. What would they like more of, or what would help them in the class?
  • They would like me to tell them what is going to be on the quiz before they do the reading.
  • They would like me to tell them what parts of the readings to pay attention to.
  • They would like less reading.
I think I am going to take doughnuts or muffins in to my other classes next week, just to thank them for . . . not being like this class.

Actually, to be honest, I like teaching students who are new at college--some groups just seem to have a harder time at realizing they're not in Kansas anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maura said...

this cracks me up. remind me never to ask for my students' opinions again.

Thu Oct 09, 03:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

At least it's 1/2 way over and hopefully the lame students from this class don't ever show up in your other classes.

Fri Oct 10, 01:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kate said...

I so loved the classes for which I had to do something I loved -- such as, say, READING -- as opposed to chemistry problems.
Unreal.

Fri Oct 10, 02:33:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

ha ahh haa.. their response might be a good story for the rate your students blog (www.rateyourstudents.blogspot.com). Anybody can contribute a post.

Fri Oct 10, 09:18:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home