Daddy Fashion
this one is for Brenda . . .
Me: Hi, Munchkin, I'm home! Come here and see your mommy.
Allison Clare: Gurgle, gurgle, coo.
Sam: Why are you laughing? What? What?
Me: Nothing . . . it's nothing.
Sam: I can't see your face when it's buried in her shoulder. What's so funny?
Me: Oh, it's just . . . these snaps down the front of her onesie are supposed to go down the back.
Sam: Oh.
Me: And this embroidery? It's supposed to be on the chest, not the back.
Sam: I wondered why the back of the shoulders was so elaborate. And why, when I was changing her diaper, the crotch on this one snapped so far in back.
Me: Hi, Munchkin, I'm home! Come here and see your mommy.
Allison Clare: Gurgle, gurgle, coo.
Sam: Why are you laughing? What? What?
Me: Nothing . . . it's nothing.
Sam: I can't see your face when it's buried in her shoulder. What's so funny?
Me: Oh, it's just . . . these snaps down the front of her onesie are supposed to go down the back.
Sam: Oh.
Me: And this embroidery? It's supposed to be on the chest, not the back.
Sam: I wondered why the back of the shoulders was so elaborate. And why, when I was changing her diaper, the crotch on this one snapped so far in back.
2 Comments:
This made me laugh out loud! So funny...
I'm all for tales of daddy cluelessness, but I must say, in Sam's defense, that I'm finding things that snap or button in back quite frustrating these days. Exactly how am I supposed to perform this? Put the kid on her tummy, or support her floppy self upright in some way? It doesn't seem very practical.
But, yeah, the back embroidery might've been a giveaway ...
Post a Comment
<< Home