Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Taking After Her Mother

She may be looking more and more like Sam every day, but Allison Clare demonstrated a certain loyalty to her maternal lineage this afternoon, when for the first time she wholeheartedly protested something beyond her own physical discomfort. What provoked her anxious cries? Someone tried to take Fluffy Chick and Friends away before she had reached its scintillating conclusion. A girl after my own heart:



This book is soooo good.



What? Did you need something?



Uh, I don't know how that spit-up got onto your shirt. Maybe it was the cat?

Okay, okay. You got me.


You're talking, but all I'm thinking about is what Fluffy Chick is doing right now.


Engrossed again.

In the second and fourth pictures, she looks so much like Sam that it's almost hard to tell which one is sitting in the high chair.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maura said...

cutest.sequence.of.photos.ever. and captions. ;)

Thu Sep 11, 04:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

sooooo cute. I love the range of expressions and the sticky-uppy hair.

Thu Sep 11, 09:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Noël said...

Adorable! She gets prettier every day. . . thanks to you, not Sam. I mean, he's not pretty, is he? ;-)

Fri Sep 12, 11:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Awww. I hope her love of books continues. It would be quite convenient if she started enjoying Barnes & Nobles runs as much as her mother.

Sat Sep 13, 10:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kate said...

What's weird is, I was thinking, with that second pic, "Awww, she looks like Sam!" But I've never met Sam. I guess I saw a pic or pics a long time ago ... Too precious, nonetheless. And I love the imagined commentary!

Sun Sep 14, 11:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jenjoo said...

she is too too cute. you're lucky you live so far away. i've been so baby crazy lately (i think a product of my age and non-mother status) that i see cute babies/toddlers/even kids on the street and think, "i wish i could just snatch that kid and take him/her home." really. i'm thinking this. man, i need to get pregnant or adopt soon. miss you!

Thu Sep 25, 01:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home