Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Four Minutes of Joy

Dottie posted this video on her blog, and I love it. I often don't even click on videos, but I'm so glad she posted this one for us all. I questioned whether I should post it here too, but then I thought, "sharing" is what the Internet is for!



Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

Befitting my somewhat obsessive personality, I read more about this guy after watching the video, and I came across two other, similar videos . . . one an earlier version of a different round-the-world trip, and the other an outtake reel. Pretty hilarious, if you liked the first one:





It turns out there's a pretty interesting story behind the music for the 2006 video--the vocals are sung by a woman in the Solomon Islands, and the recording was made in 1970 by a UNESCO ethnomusicologist seeking to preserve this oral language. An instrumental score (is that redundant? I really don't know.) was added for the purpose of these videos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home