Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I Measure Out My Life in Coffee Spoons"

--T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

In his comment on my last post, Dave linked to a fascinating photo essay that shows 15 families surrounded by the food each family eats in one week. I have a couple of observations:

1. I thought the Japanese ate a lot of packaged foods until I saw the family from North Carolina.
2. The Egyptians, Mongolians, and those from Bhutan seem to eat pretty healthfully.
3. Those Mexicans love them some Coca-Cola! But their beverage consumption is nothing compared to the Germans, I tell you.

I pictured me entering a photo of Allison Clare into the series, with her paddling around in a little vat of milk.

1 Comments:

Blogger About the artist said...

Please use my secret code name when blogging about me: Pi.

;)

Wed Apr 23, 05:33:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home