Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

5 and Holding, or Not . . .

5 cm dilated, 80% effaced. Isn't that wild? I feel like I could just keep walking around for the next few weeks, having these vague, intermittent contractions, and eventually, one day, I'd look down to see a baby sitting between my feet.

But the doctor wants me to go over to the hospital anyway "just in case," so I'm here at home to get my bag and head out and maybe have a baby today! I'd prefer tomorrow, though--it would be fun for her to have a leap-year birthday, and extra special every 4 years.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Oooh oooh OOOOOHHH! Now I'll be on pins and needles 'til I hear from you again. There's still hope for a 2/29 birth date, though maybe you don't want to think about that right now? ;)

Thu Feb 28, 02:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maura said...

yay! i'm so excited! i'll be thinking of you! :)

Thu Feb 28, 03:04:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home