Peeps
Like many Americans, I prefer my Peeps slightly hardened. My parents gave me the lovely Christmas gift of some snowman Peeps and some Christmas tree Peeps, and I have been allowing my Peeps to "cure" since the holidays. No special treatment required--just a resting period in their regular packaging. As of this morning, they've reached the perfect density.
Thus, I was surprised to note that the expiration date on my Peeps is July of 2009! That is very optimistic, I think, even when allowing for the ultra-dessicating conditions of winter heating systems in my region of the country! It must be a project for these people.
Thus, I was surprised to note that the expiration date on my Peeps is July of 2009! That is very optimistic, I think, even when allowing for the ultra-dessicating conditions of winter heating systems in my region of the country! It must be a project for these people.
3 Comments:
There should be an actual club for us people
Jason--there's a Facebook group: "I love STALE marshmallow peeps"!
Oooooohhhh. Time to steal the Peeps my husband is never going to eat. (which I -- ahem, Santa -- put in his stocking.)
Thanks for the heads up that they should be about ripe!
Post a Comment
<< Home