Showing and Telling
One thing I haven't quite figured out how to do is tell my students about . . . you know. The whole thing seems both intensely private and yet increasingly, undeniably public. I haven't decided whether it will result in less attention to the whole thing if I just blurt it out somehow, or if I just let them whisper among themselves every day and figure it out. This occurs to me every day when I'm getting dressed and deciding what I have the guts to wear; like I said earlier, there's not a lot of new weight, but it's all sort of localized in an increasingly obvious way (currently, I look like I've recently enjoyed a big meal--or several). So, anyway, I had been waiting for an entree, however tangential, especially in this one small upper-level class made up of all these really wonderful students I've had before. Imagine my delight when the other day in class they asked if I had seen Knocked Up!
(It's on the Netflix Queue.)
(It's on the Netflix Queue.)
4 Comments:
oh you need to tell them! they are going to be watching you grow all semester - you can totally make a joke out of it. hee hee! I bet you look so cute!
I love it when people don't say a word. It's hysterical to see others try to figure out how they can tactfully ask.
Kind of like "It's Pat!" of SNL fame, but with pregnancy.
So did you end up announcing?
I told the one class when they asked about Knocked Up--it was fun. They were really excited, and I got four offers of babysitters. :) My other classes are probably still speculating, or else finding out via word of mouth . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home