Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Sarah Dessen

I just found out that Sarah Dessen, one of my favorite read-for-pure-pleasure authors, has a blog. Even better, she updates it daily. Hearing her read was one of my favorite days in grad school--I hadn't read any of her books at the time, but the reading sounded like fun, and it turned out to be one of those "how could I never have read this before?" moments. Her books are pitch-perfect, and the one I heard her read from remains my favorite.

We were both teaching at UNC while I was a grad student there (she's about my age); after the reading, I met her a few times at parties and events because we had friends in common, although my love of her books probably made me too shy to talk to her like she--or I--was a normal person. Anyway, I find the blog completely engaging, and not only because she reveals that she also got addicted to House over the summer and just had a baby 5 weeks ago. My favorite entry so far has to do with neuroses that are not induced by pregnancy, but excused by it. But there's lots of good stuff about writing, life, etc. . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Maura said...

Amy told me about Sarah Dessen's blog and now I am hooked. I felt so bad for her the other day when she posted about the car seat neck-flopping situation and all those people wrote in telling her how to fix/troubleshoot it. :)

Mon Oct 08, 07:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tara said...

Me too! And it's such a luxury to have a whole new archive of blog postings to read.

Tue Oct 09, 02:15:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home