Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Visitors

I feel some pressure to put another post up so that people are no longer confronted with the last one. But there isn't much news to report, thankfully--we've had enough surprises and big life events lately! Work had even been relatively calm for a couple of weeks, even to the point where Sam and I could reliably watch an episode or two of the shows we've been Netflixing. We got hooked on House, MD, (which I think could become a favorite on Kintail Dr., BTW) one night when it was the only English show on TV in Italy or somewhere, and we actually caught the entire episode, something that happened only once during our 8 weeks in Europe. We've also been watching Heroes, which has proven equally addictive. Is TV getting better these days, or is my mind turning to mush?

My parents are coming into town today. Naturally their visit inspired a small burst of cleaning and de-cluttering. Sam joined so cooperatively in this effort that I had to assure him that it was okay if there were traces that he actually lived there. I wish we could live all the time the way we do just before people arrive--everything in its place or at least out of sight--but then, between work and remodeling (and the abovementioned TV habits, our one reliable form of relaxation), we never seem to have the time.

After my parents leave, JS is coming for her first visit to the newly joint household. She's used to marching in, opening cabinets, inspecting food supplies, and generally helping herself, so she has already stated that she's preparing herself mentally for the transition. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

I
LOVE
HOUSE.

(I'm not that high on Heroes, but I know Dottie is.)

Seriously, Hugh Laurie is so gosh-darned awesome -- I loved him first in Jeeves and Wooster! I'm not Laurie-come-lately! Ahhhhh.
My husband well knows that the House DVD series is my birthday present -- comes out a week before my birthday -- from now until the show no longer airs. I LOVE HOUSE.

Wed Sep 26, 04:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also like house, it, along with Scrubs are the only Doctor shows I'll watch. Add Heroes, and that's basically my entire TV consumption...

Thu Sep 27, 08:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tara said...

Kate--I agree, Hugh Laurie really MAKES the show. I can't believe he's not an American . . . or a curmudgeon!

Dr. B--I'm not surprised that you're not a Grey's Anatomy fan . . . I also started watching that show on my own so that I could have some cheesy entertainment of my own for while Sam plays World of Warcraft.

Thu Sep 27, 10:58:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really watch house, but Heroes and Scrubs are right up there. I love that people have superpowers that only work awkwardly and in uncomfortable situations. -- Erin

Tue Oct 02, 06:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

It was a very minor transition and I'm happy to report that I was comfortable as ever (except for the getting sick bit).

Wed Oct 03, 11:32:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home