Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Shout-Out to the FMFCU

I joined the Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union when I was in college, partly because my dad advised me, "If you can ever become a member of a credit union, do it over a bank." It was one of his fatherly bits of wisdom. I've now had this account for about 15 years.

Today I realized that some checks I had sent in a week ago had not appeared on my balance, so I called them (I suspected a problem based on my recent name-change--the checks were written out to a different name). The kind woman who answered the phone called the branch where mail deposits arrive and talked to them for me (rather than just transferring me). They hadn't received my envelope, so she had them keep an eye out for it. An hour later, I got an email from the person she had spoken to saying that it had just arrived, and they wanted to let me know they'd received it.

It's a small thing, but so nice and personal. I wish I could send them some of the Halloween cupcakes we have at home right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home