The Doctors Are In
So one of the weird things about having a gender-neutral title is that when you get married and change your name, you end up having the exact same professional name as your spouse. I'm just getting used to my new last name, but only sometimes, and only when my first name is still attached as a buffer. Then today a student introduced me to another student as "Dr. F--" (oops, that looks like a bowdlerized cuss-word, but that's not what I mean) and it felt like I was posing as Sam.
He likes it, though, because he thinks it will throw our colleagues into consternation, result in students taking one of our courses when they intend to take a course by the other, and generally create inconvenience and chaos. I guess it's true what they say about how opposites attract.
He likes it, though, because he thinks it will throw our colleagues into consternation, result in students taking one of our courses when they intend to take a course by the other, and generally create inconvenience and chaos. I guess it's true what they say about how opposites attract.
1 Comments:
Pick a Prof and Rate My Professors have been TOTALLY confused by Jonathan and me since I changed my name. :)
This post made me laugh.
Post a Comment
<< Home