Terms of En-dear-ment
Lately a number of people have called me "dear." These people fall into several categories:
Close friends (this category has all rights to do so)
Middle-aged waitresses (this category gets a pass)
Young waitresses (unsettling)
Guys 6-7 years younger than I am (inexplicable)
Close friends (this category has all rights to do so)
Middle-aged waitresses (this category gets a pass)
Young waitresses (unsettling)
Guys 6-7 years younger than I am (inexplicable)
5 Comments:
Hm! I guess it's better than ma'am. I miss being called "Hon" all the time in Baltimore.
This comment has been removed by the author.
I think you should smack the younger guys around for their impertinence.
Maybe as a substitute at times, "dearie", though perhaps the English teacher would say it's a term of endeariment...
Blessings,
Lee
Erin, yes! It's sort of like "hawn" isn't it?
Julie, they're still bigger than I am.
Lee, tee-hee!
Post a Comment
<< Home