Kids Today
I'm going to Cincinnati this weekend to meet Sam's family and some friends of his from high school, who are throwing an 80s party. It will be nice to be in the company of other people who actually remember the 80s, without blank stares from a bunch of people who were born in 1989. Which, by the way, is the year that some of this year's college freshmen were born.
I'm looking forward to all of this meeting of people, although Sam has warned me that I may be the first Asian person his niece and nephew will ever have seen in real life. Whew. Well, at least I got to practice my diplomatic-response-to-child skills this past Sunday, when a little kid (about age 6) ran up to me at church, said, "You look like a Chinese person!" And ran away.
I'm looking forward to all of this meeting of people, although Sam has warned me that I may be the first Asian person his niece and nephew will ever have seen in real life. Whew. Well, at least I got to practice my diplomatic-response-to-child skills this past Sunday, when a little kid (about age 6) ran up to me at church, said, "You look like a Chinese person!" And ran away.
4 Comments:
Good luck with all the intros. Though I get the same sense that Sam's family and friends are as inclined to be as affectionately accepting as your family and friends.
HAHAHAHA! But then again, yeesh.
You do look like a Chinese person.
Is that you, pi?
Post a Comment
<< Home