Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Manly Men

Last night, as I was making up the slides for today's church service, Sam asked petulantly, "Are we going to have a bunch of 'I love you, Jesus!' songs tomorrow? Jesus and I have a manly relationship, and we don't usually talk about our feelings."

Welcome to the Vineyard, sweetie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Har har! You should teach him that one about "the kisses of your mouth."

Tue Mar 20, 12:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger kate said...

HA! HA! HA! HA!

Tue Mar 20, 02:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

The one about the "kisses" was WAY too over the top for me even.

Wed Mar 21, 10:07:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very scared of what this so-called "kisses of your mouth "song'" will do to my manliness.

Wed Mar 28, 02:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tara said...

Frank, I've long suspected that you and Sam were kindred spirits. He also likes to take things apart--and that's just the first of many comparisons. ;)

To everybody else: I'm breaking him in gently. :)

Thu Mar 29, 11:36:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home