Revelations
So, a pair of my jeans have gotten tight recently, to my horror and dismay. At first I told myself that I must have dried them at a higher heat than usual, but this excuse seems flimsy. It also does not comport with the bathroom scale, which reports my weight at a few pounds higher than usual. At first I hoped that the scale was not properly calibrated, but then I realized that both excuses, taken together and mercilessly scrutinized, indicated a pattern of denial.
Erin has noted that unemployment is the enemy of pants; Julie has noted that employment, too, is the enemy of pants. It is left to me to make the far less interesting observation that my diet of hastily consumed restaurant meals and prepared foods over the past couple of weeks is also the enemy of pants. An old chestnut, but a good one.
Erin has noted that unemployment is the enemy of pants; Julie has noted that employment, too, is the enemy of pants. It is left to me to make the far less interesting observation that my diet of hastily consumed restaurant meals and prepared foods over the past couple of weeks is also the enemy of pants. An old chestnut, but a good one.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home