Judgment Call
I've been swimming at the gym lately. It's the nicest one I've ever used, but any locker room is of course something of a horror-house for the germophobe. Right now I'm debating about whether I could catch anything unseemly from a machine that spins your swimsuit dry while you take a shower. There's no heat or disinfectant involved--it's basically just a centrifuge ("a centrifuge in which hundreds of other women's swimsuits have had stuff spun out of them" screams the germophobe." Shut up!) Thoughts from any scientists, medical professionals, or even just sane people?
3 Comments:
hi tara! it's maura! i found your blog through paul's and have been checking in for a month or so ... your writing is so good on this! i feel weird that this is the first time i've commented, but i have used one of those suit dryers and i am a germaphobe, so i thought i should post. :) my take on it is that water is being sucked out of the machine. it spins it really fast and the suction is going away from the suit. it's been a while since i used one, but if i remember right they were always really clean LOOKING. and they got sort of hot - which i guess isn't great for the suit, but is good for killing germs. hmmm. i'm beginning to doubt. but just know i've used one many times in the past and i'm still alive with (miraculously) no bad consequences.
hope you are doing well! i have a craft blog that you should stop by sometime: paperbluebird[dot]blogspot[dot]com
blogs are so much fun! :)
hey,
As you know, I'm a fellow germaphobe. But it seems like the amount of chlorine they dump into pools should be sufficient to kill whatever is floating around . . .
Julie
Oh, gee, thanks, Tara! I never thought to be paranoid about that thingie. Ick.
Post a Comment
<< Home