What's Up
I have very few interesting thoughts these days, much less interesting activities. Here are a few things I have been doing:
- Grading
- Enjoying team-teaching with my friend Todd
- Editing Sam's tenure portfolio
- Hosting an informal "just stop by for a drink" party that I thought would be over at about 11:30, but that lasted until 2:30 a.m.
- Editing Sam's revised tenure portfolio
- Wondering if I should let my hair go gray or rage, rage against the dying of the light (the lightening of the dye?)
- Purchasing meticulously selected folders and tabs for Sam's revised tenure portfolio
- Trying to figure out why my W-2 says I made 33% more than my salary last year. (Would that that were true!)
- Crafting an urgent-but-not-shrill email lobbying for access to research databases
- Editing Sam's revised, expanded tenure portfolio
- Filming two videos for my church's fourth birthday party, which were put together by the MC (who fixed my mistakes)
- Retracing my steps in a failed effort to find a beautiful bracelet that I was given for Christmas, but that tragically came unlatched and fell off my wrist yesterday . . . :( [very sad about that one]
- Making chili also for the church's birthday party, but not entering it in the chili cook-off contest (too scary. The contest, not the chili.)
- Returning folders and tabs for Sam's revised tenure portfolio, and purchasing an alternative suitable for the revised, expanded tenure portfolio
- Trying to write recommendation letters for two students for the same scholarship without overlapping. At least there are 3 scholarships, so they could both win.
- Staying much warmer than last winter, since heat prices are normal again.
- Plotting and scheming
3 Comments:
Ooh, I like the last entry in your list especially. Plotting and scheming is so much fun. Right now I'm having fun plotting and scheming about how to find out what you are plotting and scheming.
I'm very glad to hear about the staying warm bit. Your scheming and plotting about staying warm last year would depress me.
Frank,
Thanks--good thought! I *think* this reimbursement came through in 2005 . . . nice to hear from you!
Tara
Post a Comment
<< Home