Why I Didn't Get My Christmas Cards Out This Year
Classes ended on a Friday, and that left me two good weeks to send out my Christmas cards. It's a tradition that I really enjoy--I still handwrite them (at least, I have until now), and I love receiving them: I keep in touch with a few people almost exclusively via Christmas card, and I look forward to the annual exchange of news, whether good or bad, exciting or mundane. I had big plans for my two weeks--I was going to spend the evenings decorating the house, baking cookies, shopping and wrapping gifts, and sitting in front of the fire drinking hot chocolate and writing cards.
But what is it that they say about the best-laid plans? Sam invited me out for dinner, and that was the end of my doing anything except finding out how much I liked him.
So, sorry everybody. I'll be in touch shortly. ;)
But what is it that they say about the best-laid plans? Sam invited me out for dinner, and that was the end of my doing anything except finding out how much I liked him.
So, sorry everybody. I'll be in touch shortly. ;)
4 Comments:
Hmmm. This Sam guy sounds pretty interesting. Let's hear more about him!
I thought I was "anonymous". This other one is an imposter.
I was disappointed that I didn't get a Christmas card this year, but now that I know how you were spending your time all is forgiven (plus I didn't send any either!). It was great to see you last week!!
Kelly, it was so good to see you! Getting a visit is way better than getting a Christmas card. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home