Two Gross Moments
I'm advising this week, and so far it's going well. I truly like my students this semester, so it makes it fun even though it's a lot of repeating the same stuff over and over again.
Here's how it goes. First, I give them detailed instructions about how to register so that they can get into the classes they want before they fill.
Them: "Is there going to be a reminder about this?"
Me: (Sigh) "This IS the reminder."
Them: "Um, can I borrow your pen?"
A pause. Then them: "Do you have a piece of paper?"
So, anyway, there's a lot of sharing of office supplies, which occasioned two gross moments that I wanted to share with the world.
First,I was totally distracted by the large scabrous lesions on one student's hands, which I noticed as he was brushing them across my keyboard to type in his course selections.
Then, another student, brow furrowed over what he wanted to take, put my pen into his mouth and sucked on it. To make matters worse, I later forgot which pen it was and put it into my desk with the others.
Sure, it was completely anal-retentive, but I later washed all three black pens, and disinfected the keyboard. Dr. J may be able to wrest blood-covered infants from the ooze of the birth canal, but I like my office supplies nice and clean.
Here's how it goes. First, I give them detailed instructions about how to register so that they can get into the classes they want before they fill.
Them: "Is there going to be a reminder about this?"
Me: (Sigh) "This IS the reminder."
Them: "Um, can I borrow your pen?"
A pause. Then them: "Do you have a piece of paper?"
So, anyway, there's a lot of sharing of office supplies, which occasioned two gross moments that I wanted to share with the world.
First,I was totally distracted by the large scabrous lesions on one student's hands, which I noticed as he was brushing them across my keyboard to type in his course selections.
Then, another student, brow furrowed over what he wanted to take, put my pen into his mouth and sucked on it. To make matters worse, I later forgot which pen it was and put it into my desk with the others.
Sure, it was completely anal-retentive, but I later washed all three black pens, and disinfected the keyboard. Dr. J may be able to wrest blood-covered infants from the ooze of the birth canal, but I like my office supplies nice and clean.
4 Comments:
I think Dr. J probably cleans his hands afterward. And all the equipment.
The pen you gave me and was was in my mouth produced "ink poisoning" throughout my body, (more specifically my lower intestines were most affected) I am currently admitted in Washington Hospital and would appreciate a visit. I am in room 473A. I hope we can work out these issues instead involving the authorities.
Dear Disgruntled,
Based on what I have heard of that establishment, I would recommend that you check yourself out immediately and seek care at an emergency room. I can recommend a good one. It is a bit of a drive, but I know just the person to handle your "lower intestinal issues."
Your professor
And Kate, let's hope so! :) Good point!
Post a Comment
<< Home