Things I've Learned So Far
Here are the first six that come to mind:
1. How to have a good adult relationship with my parents. Somewhere along the line, I saw how some people both honor their parents and brush off the little annoyances that go along with family life (or any close relationships)--and everything got easier.
2. God is very kind and has infinite time to listen to my trivial prayers.
2.a. Then again, I'm the one with limited time. This present life is short, so why waste too much of it on temporary stuff?
3. It's okay to have a pet. God created the animals, and he knew there would be limited resources.
4. Wondering if somebody will call you is a waste of time. If you're a guy, be a man and call her. If you're a woman, either call him or forget about it until he shows he's a man (who likes you) and calls you.
5. Might as well wear the bikini, accept having a big moon-face, and otherwise forget about physical imperfection--it's only going to get worse from here on out. I think this is why old people always say, "What a beautiful girl" about everybody, no matter what they look like.
6. The coolest people are the ones for whom being themselves is effortless. Like Joan and Frank!
1. How to have a good adult relationship with my parents. Somewhere along the line, I saw how some people both honor their parents and brush off the little annoyances that go along with family life (or any close relationships)--and everything got easier.
2. God is very kind and has infinite time to listen to my trivial prayers.
2.a. Then again, I'm the one with limited time. This present life is short, so why waste too much of it on temporary stuff?
3. It's okay to have a pet. God created the animals, and he knew there would be limited resources.
4. Wondering if somebody will call you is a waste of time. If you're a guy, be a man and call her. If you're a woman, either call him or forget about it until he shows he's a man (who likes you) and calls you.
5. Might as well wear the bikini, accept having a big moon-face, and otherwise forget about physical imperfection--it's only going to get worse from here on out. I think this is why old people always say, "What a beautiful girl" about everybody, no matter what they look like.
6. The coolest people are the ones for whom being themselves is effortless. Like Joan and Frank!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home