One more
Okay, so one more strangely disturbing tactile moment. I got a haircut yesterday, and they cut it off in a braid and gave it to me. But you know, they shampoo your hair first, so my little souvenir was wet. I just stuck it into my shoulder bag when I left. Then I forgot it was in there, and I reached in for something and my fingers closed around this long damp braid, and it felt so . . . human, and sort of recently alive. Totally creepy.
3 Comments:
See, these are the blog entries that make me the happiest about blogs. The weirdest, most random stuff, and yet, you think -- "I totally know what you mean."
Or maybe you don't think that. But I did!
So how short is your hair now?
Kate: I do! :)
X-dot: I am bald.
Just kidding--sort of between the chin and shoulders. But it was embarrassing because my students actually gasped aloud when I came into the room. I hope it wasn't in horror.
Post a Comment
<< Home