Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Let X Equal . . .

Some of you may remember a student I once assigned the letter X in this blog. However, since he is (thankfully) no longer part of my life, I have reassigned the variable to someone who maintains staunchly that X is the coolest letter by which to be represented ("Doesn't that go without saying?" he asked me, with some consternation).

When informed that X was already taken, this person, crestfallen, selected the letter which was his actual initial, which won't do.

So from here on out, X no longer refers to the student but to somebody agonizingly difficult to please.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If one X is good, then two are better. If I weren't already sometimes Dottie, I'd want to be X Squared.

Wed Nov 08, 06:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

You can be X-Squared anyway!

Thu Nov 09, 03:53:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wan to be like "X" he sounds so cool.

-Y

Tue Nov 14, 11:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

He thinks he is for sure!

Wed Nov 15, 10:16:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home