Feminism . . .
. . . is great, but I gotta say--I love it when a guy pays for me. It's not about the money; it's the feeling of being taken care of.
In all fairness, I probably don't make it very easy because I also don't want anybody to feel like they have to pay for me, and I hate splitting checks, so I usually just try to pay for us both myself to avoid either them thinking that I want them to pay for me (which I don't if they don't really want to) or the awkardness of splitting a check. So they have to be sort of aggressive about it and very confident, which I guess just goes to show you . . . something, probably something all my feminist grad school professors would be totally dismayed to find in my domestic, utterly feminine (and unrepentant about it) heart.
In all fairness, I probably don't make it very easy because I also don't want anybody to feel like they have to pay for me, and I hate splitting checks, so I usually just try to pay for us both myself to avoid either them thinking that I want them to pay for me (which I don't if they don't really want to) or the awkardness of splitting a check. So they have to be sort of aggressive about it and very confident, which I guess just goes to show you . . . something, probably something all my feminist grad school professors would be totally dismayed to find in my domestic, utterly feminine (and unrepentant about it) heart.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home