Great Meals of My Life (short list)
This post is titled for Jason. The meals appear in no particular order and do not represent their entire category.
My mother's Christmas dinner--any year, but especially when we had the bread with the dipping sauce.
Clare's Murder Mystery dinner party, Halloween 2003. Pork tenderloin in blackberry mustard sauce, parmesan potatoes, cake with chocolate leaves, Mexican hot chocolate, tomato confit appetizers, and a million other goodies.
Joan's birthday dinner, August 2004. Shrimp and bacon-wrapped filet, grilled by Frank. Also dinner on my visit to North Carolina in July 2006: steak, ginger-infused crab, blueberry lemon sorbet with dark chocolate. And that unforgettable meal at the Duck & Dumpling in Raleigh, July 2005.
Elliott's in Seattle, 4th of July weekend 1999. Fresh salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus.
My mother's Christmas dinner--any year, but especially when we had the bread with the dipping sauce.
Clare's Murder Mystery dinner party, Halloween 2003. Pork tenderloin in blackberry mustard sauce, parmesan potatoes, cake with chocolate leaves, Mexican hot chocolate, tomato confit appetizers, and a million other goodies.
Joan's birthday dinner, August 2004. Shrimp and bacon-wrapped filet, grilled by Frank. Also dinner on my visit to North Carolina in July 2006: steak, ginger-infused crab, blueberry lemon sorbet with dark chocolate. And that unforgettable meal at the Duck & Dumpling in Raleigh, July 2005.
Elliott's in Seattle, 4th of July weekend 1999. Fresh salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus.
2 Comments:
Love the title of this post. Food is in the air of the blogosphere lately. But I am getting the idea that you take requests for blog posts! If so, I'll have to start thinking some up. For instance I'd like to see a recipe! Not necessarily a food recipe: a recipe for disaster; a recipe for a perfect sunday afternoon; a recipe for a friend's personality or your own; a recipe for the ideal mix CD; etc. Feel free to reject my idea (I'm used to it ;)
Erin, I'm tempted to post the recipe for the perfect man, but I have a feeling I'd live to regret doing so. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home