Prayer Request
The parents of a friend of mine were in a fairly serious car accident a few hours ago. A witness to the accident called my friend and notified him. A car rounded a curve too wide, crossed the dividing line, and hit their car head-on. His mother was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital; she has a broken collarbone, wrist, arm, and vertebra in her back. His father was airlifted to a different hospital with a trauma unit; he had been trapped in the car, had briefly lost consciousness, and was confused but able to talk on the phone when my friend was finally able to track him down. He also has a broken vertebra in his lower back. Thankfully, though they're in pain, neither of them appears to have suffered any paralysis or anything.
The family is from my hometown; the dad is my parents' lawyer, and both of the parents chauffeured us kids around to various activities when we were little (when I think of them, my memories are set in the backseat of their car, where I am bickering with their son). I'd just gotten an email from the mother saying she hoped we could get together when I visit my parents in a few weeks. It's a cliche (and now, in fact, an Allstate commercial), but it's scary how things can change in an instant, a heartbeat, a flick of somebody else's wrist at the wheel. Thank God they're okay, they're going to be okay.
As my own mother said when I told her, you never know what the day will bring. I suppose that we do know that whatever the day brings, He will be with us, and I'd appreciate it if you would pray for them--Fred and Debbie.
A postscript: I am not sure what happened to the people in the other car, including a twelve-year-old girl who was also airlifted out, but it appears that they're in similar shape (broken bones, but not critical). Please remember them in prayer as well. Thank you, my friends.
The family is from my hometown; the dad is my parents' lawyer, and both of the parents chauffeured us kids around to various activities when we were little (when I think of them, my memories are set in the backseat of their car, where I am bickering with their son). I'd just gotten an email from the mother saying she hoped we could get together when I visit my parents in a few weeks. It's a cliche (and now, in fact, an Allstate commercial), but it's scary how things can change in an instant, a heartbeat, a flick of somebody else's wrist at the wheel. Thank God they're okay, they're going to be okay.
As my own mother said when I told her, you never know what the day will bring. I suppose that we do know that whatever the day brings, He will be with us, and I'd appreciate it if you would pray for them--Fred and Debbie.
A postscript: I am not sure what happened to the people in the other car, including a twelve-year-old girl who was also airlifted out, but it appears that they're in similar shape (broken bones, but not critical). Please remember them in prayer as well. Thank you, my friends.
1 Comments:
On the prayer wagon!
Post a Comment
<< Home