Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Caps, Gowns, and Grins


Jennifer, Lindsey, and me--erstwhile denizens of Greenlaw 320, the tiny office we painted lavendar under the cover of a humid summer night.















With the lovely and charming Clare.



















And with my advisor. Doesn't he look the part?

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Girl in the Hood! Nice.

Tue May 16, 01:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

I like the floppy hat - I much prefer it over the other kind. Much more easily fitted over large heads! ;)

Wed May 17, 07:26:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you really know how to WORK that regalia! Congrats. I have a soft spot in my heart for the occasional pomp.

Wed May 17, 10:31:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tara said...

Thanks, all! :)

Lee, the problem is that sometimes advisors have questions for *you* and not just vice versa. This is why graduate students often dart around corners and peer out from behind tall stacks of books.

Jules, yes, I am fond of the bonnet as opposed to the mortarboard. You can wear it sort of over your forehead, but I had reached my limit for dorkiness for one outfit.

Thu May 18, 09:17:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home