Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Dateline: Steelers, PA

Yes, it's true. The name of my town was changed temporarily from W***ton to Steelers, PA, in order to avoid giving unwitting aid and comfort to the enemy during Super Bowl season.

We all watched it at my house, with my usual two football-watching rules in play: 1) I don't have to pay attention the whole time, and 2) There are no penalties for my asking dumb questions. It was great--I learned a lot and we all ate a lot of cheese.

Four of the past 5 Super Bowls have featured teams from places where I've lived. Coincidence? I don't know, but I invite bids from Super Bowl aspirants for 2007.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yes. I cannot deny that there is an undeniable link between you and football. It must be your broad and bulky shoulders.

Tue Feb 07, 10:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

It may be a pan-sports link. Remember UNC's basketball triumph during my "senior year."

Wed Feb 08, 04:30:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home