Cat People
One of my favorite people says that you really only become a crazy cat person with three or more cats: "That's why when I tell people I have cats," she says with cheery confidence, "I always really quickly add, 'Just two!'"
I think she may be kidding herself. Well, not really (just teasing you if you're reading this)--but I think I at least could effortlessly slip into crazy-cat-person behavior with one cat. Not to mention that having Holly makes me want another cat and I'm not sure where things might go from there, numerically speaking.
I have found myself daydreaming of a boyfriend for Holly that I could name Atticus Finch. I shared this with a friend last night. "But what would you really call him?" he asked. Sheepishly I confessed that I was already imagining moments of mutual adoration in which I would call him "Atticus the Catticus." I braced myself for ridicule. But my friend said sympathetically, "I can hardly see how you could resist."
I think she may be kidding herself. Well, not really (just teasing you if you're reading this)--but I think I at least could effortlessly slip into crazy-cat-person behavior with one cat. Not to mention that having Holly makes me want another cat and I'm not sure where things might go from there, numerically speaking.
I have found myself daydreaming of a boyfriend for Holly that I could name Atticus Finch. I shared this with a friend last night. "But what would you really call him?" he asked. Sheepishly I confessed that I was already imagining moments of mutual adoration in which I would call him "Atticus the Catticus." I braced myself for ridicule. But my friend said sympathetically, "I can hardly see how you could resist."
6 Comments:
"Atticus the Catticus." I like it, but it won't stop me from ridiculing.
I'm glad to see it isn't merely human babies' names that are open to ridicule and comment. I mean, who cares if you give your cat a funny name? It won't need therapy.
I think I want to name my next cat "Pickles." But I'm not sure what color a cat named Pickles would be.
Jules: I'd have expected no less from you. I will note, however, that in the blog-songs-about-our-cats-tally, you score 2? 3? and I'm still at a nice pure 0.
Kate: Pickles! I love it! And the great thing is it goes with ANY color!
cats make my wife's nasal passages swell and leak, but not before her bronchial tubes constrict and the throat begins to scratch. I know you love your cats, but dander is against my religion I think.
Holly most definetly deserves no better companion than "Atticus the Catticus". Really, could you imagine introducing her to "Bill"?
Tee-hee. Unless "Bill" had shares in an evaporated-condensed-milk company, I don't think Holly would give him the time of day!
Post a Comment
<< Home