Alias Life Lessons
In watching Alias, a show I loved because it was about a big-time super-secret spygirl who was also in grad school for English (puzzlingly, her dissertation took less of her time than mine), I have learned a number of life lessons:
1. Fighting the bad guys is easy. Not letting the process change you is the challenge.
2. Loyalties are not always immediately evident. Two corollaries:
2A. Secrets will out.
2B. Time will tell.
3. When your dad says, "Listen to me. He was just a boy. Who was never good enough for you anyway," it means something. Especially when your dad is played by scary Victor Garber!
4. Techno-geeks (a term I use with all affection) will one day rule the earth.
5. Some problems can't be solved by kickboxing. Others can.
1. Fighting the bad guys is easy. Not letting the process change you is the challenge.
2. Loyalties are not always immediately evident. Two corollaries:
2A. Secrets will out.
2B. Time will tell.
3. When your dad says, "Listen to me. He was just a boy. Who was never good enough for you anyway," it means something. Especially when your dad is played by scary Victor Garber!
4. Techno-geeks (a term I use with all affection) will one day rule the earth.
5. Some problems can't be solved by kickboxing. Others can.
3 Comments:
How lucky for me that I live with a techno geek.
Yes. Your children have half a chance!
Lee: LOL!
Post a Comment
<< Home