Grace Notes

GRACE NOTE: n. in theater, a small gesture, evocative of character. / GRACE: n. unmerited divine favor. / NOTE: 1.v. to observe with care. 2.v. to preserve in writing. 3.n. an informal record.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Absent-Minded Professor, Part 1

I've just topped my most absent-minded act of last semester (another story for another time). It rained here this morning--hard. Roaring-gushes-down-the-sidewalks hard. So I decided to drive to school, rather than taking my usual amble. In a hurry to get to class, I dashed out of the house to the garage, which was . . . empty.

I had driven to school yesterday morning, then walked blissfully home in the afternoon, enjoying the near-60 degree weather without a thought in my head of the vehicle I'd left in the parking lot.

Is my slip showing? Is my dress on right-side out? Do my shoes match? Do I have chalk on my behind? I must make a checklist.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are better than some people who still to this day forget that cars run on gasoline...I'm sure you won't ever forget that escapade to the Deptford Mall!

I hope you were able to walk between the rain drops!

Thu Feb 16, 03:13:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are better than some people who still to this day forget that cars run on gasoline...I'm sure you won't ever forget that escapade to the Deptford Mall!

I hope you were able to walk between the rain drops!

Thu Feb 16, 03:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

Hooli, I still feel bad about how mad I got that time. :(

Jason, no worries. Anybody who feared mockery would keep such stories to herself!

Thu Feb 16, 11:52:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie said...

I will eagerly await your post about your previous all-time absent-minded moment.

Fri Feb 17, 08:12:00 AM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

Welcome, Frank! :) And yes, it was as lovely as all that.

But (lest you miss a potential chuckle at my expense) don't forget how I jerked into action upon realizing that I needed to get to school in 3 minutes flat, in the rain, on foot!

Fri Feb 17, 01:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

Good thinking, Joan! If only I could find a neighbor with a Miata . . . and no garage . . . (or perhaps one filled with several other cars in various states of dismemberment?) . .

Sun Feb 19, 08:40:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara has an Eclipse in her garage? A track car perhaps? That early visit to Watkins Glen must have made an impression ...

Mon Feb 20, 05:06:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tara said...

Frank, you'll have to come and see for yourself! ;)

Mon Feb 20, 11:30:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I decided to post on this blog as a way to keep my friends informed of whats going on with payday loans online . It is more like a journal of my life that I'm happy to share.

Thu Jun 22, 07:47:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home